search for ingredients

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cotolette di melanzane / Breaded Eggplant cutlets

Some good things are happening in this period!
I had my first turkey for Thanksgiving, and it was delicious!

I really want to learn how to make it!

In the mean while.. I made this appetizer a couple of days ago, and I want to share it with you!
As you will notice the quality of the photos is much better than usual and that's thanks to a great photographer, her name is Margie! :)

Cotolette di melanzane / Breaded eggplant cutlets

Ingredients:

  • Eggs 4
  • Breadcrumb (don't really know how much, sorry I didn't weight it)
  • Eggplant 1
  • Parmesan cheese 2 spoons
  • Corn oil
  • Parsley
  • Salt

Preparation:
1.Wash the eggplant, clean it and cut it into slices, not too thin. Place the slices in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and cover so the bitter part of the eggplant will drip away with the exceeding water.

2. Beat the eggs with a fork in a bowl, when smooth, add a pinch of salt.

3. In a large plate, prepare the breadcrumb mixed with the parmesan cheese and minced parsley.
4. Dip the eggplant slices into the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumb mixture and set aside.


5. In a frying pan heat the corn oil, when hot, cook the breaded eggplant slices till they turn a golden brown color.
6. Place the slices that are ready in a plate covered with kitchen paper, so it will absorb the exceeding oil and repeat the cooking steps until all the slices are cooked.




7. Remove the kitchen paper and serve!

I hope you like it!
Let me know if you try it! 
Buon appetito ˆˆ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Laura,
I will try your it tomorrow nigth and will let you now. It looks delicious!
Lamia

Unknown said...

Hi Lamia,
it is very good. let me know if they come out good and if you like it :)